Monday, May 3, 2010

Talentless pt. 1

Okay, so I have practically given up on this blog. I have not looked at it in months, but I wasn't doing anything today, and I realized that it's as good as any day to update it. So I am now reinventing my blog. No more teenage-angst-filled-depressing quotes! Though I am a depressed, angsty teenager, there is no reason for my blog to reflect that.

And my first new-and-improved (it's still a mystery how something can be NEW and IMPROVED at the same time) blog post will be about talent or more specifically a lack-thereof. The name of the blog is samistalentless afterall. I am Sam, and I am talentless. It's as simple as that.

So here is the 1st of many other blog posts listing down talents that have eluded me.

1) Singing
Believe me, I love music as much as the next person. I appreciate good music. I sing in the showers, when no one's listening, or when i feel like belting a tune with my friends. I still use the mic when playing bandhero, but trust me these are no indication to my singing abilities. My lacking abilities are not the result of not trying or practicing though, I was just born this way, thanks to two parents who can't carry a tune either. So after numerous voice classes, choir auditions, and being compared to a person having a stroke when singing, I have realized that singing is definitely not for me. So goodbye to any dreams of becoming a super pop superstar like Beyonce or Madonna. No more chances of being a grungy, struggling music artist playing in small cafes waiting for his big break. I can't ever be a a part of a band, or at least the lead singer of a band, the only relevant person in a band in my opinion. Goodbye to any dreams of ever doing theatre. I can't even skyrocket to instant fame (the 15-minute-variety of course) through silly reality Tv singing shows that will suck my soul out of me. Nope none of that for me.

1 comment:

  1. Aw. Sing till your heart bursts! Go lang! 'Wag kang makinig sa kanila basta't maligaya ka!

    ReplyDelete